Being Constructive with Moodle
Date: Saturday, April 24th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Peter Ruthven-Stuart
In this workshop, the audience will learn how to blend Moodle into their language classes. They will get hands-on experience in setting up a course and populating it with resources and activities. The presenter will emphasize those aspects of Moodle that facilitate collaborative learning. By the end of this workshop, the audience should be in a position to have their own students take a constructive role in their own Moodle courses.
Peter Ruthven-Stuart has been using Moodle since 2003 as both a teacher and administrator. He is interested in constructivist and collaborative online task design.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Okayama Univeristy - Foreign Language Education Center - B Bldg. 4th Fl. LL (map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: