Extensive Reading and Reading Circles
Date: Sunday, February 21st, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne
For people with either some experience with extensive reading or none at all, this presentation will explain its benefits as well as how to get students engaged with reading books that are appropriate for their levels so that they make reading a routine. How to start using reading circles will also be discussed and shown how they can be incorporated into speaking classes to make engaging conversations.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299