Society of Writers, Editors and Translators:
Setting up a Translation Company in Japan
Date: Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Phil Robertson
Phil Robertson is a professional translator and co-founder of Honyaku Plus. Based in Jimbocho, Tokyo, Honyaku Plus was incorporated in 2003 and specializes in top-quality translation in the fields of international relations, information technology, emerging technologies, medicine, economics, digital camera technology, and sport. Phil's earlier career in Japan included stints with Yamaha Motors and Toshiba Semiconductor, which were followed by the 2002 FIFA World Cup and a year working at a Tokyo think-tank. He is also involved in various charitable activities and currently serves on the board of the Japan Association of Translators. For information on SWET, see www.swet.jp.
Organization: Society of Writers, Editors and Translators
Cost: SWET Members: 2,000 yen
Non-members: 3,000 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Seminar Room 1A, 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Society of Writers, Editors and Translators
Email QR Code: