Troubleshooting and My Share
Date: Saturday, March 27th, 2010 Time: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Various speakers (Call for papers due Feb 28th)
Kyoto JALT invites all teachers to submit short presentation proposals for this event. See below for details.
Are you having some trouble in your classroom? Do you need a piece of advice in your teaching? Are you a new teacher with lots of frustration, or an experienced one ready to share your wisdom? We teachers rarely have opportunities to know what fellow teachers are doing in the next classroom. This is why JALT Kyoto is organizing "Trouble Shooting" and "My Share" presentations before the fresh start of the new school year. At this event all of you will contribute, so bring your stories to share.
Call for Papers:
Examples of worries or successes in the school year of 2009 in any area of your classes are welcome. Presentations will be 20 minutes followed by Q and A. Your proposal should include:
(1) a 50-word summary,
(2) a 150-word abstract, and
(3) personal information (name, affiliation, contact details)
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: No later than Feb 28th
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Campus Plaza Kyoto; 5F, Daisan Enshushitsu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: