English Teaching Workshop:
Tips for teaching mixed-level / age / ability children's classes
Date: Thursday, March 25th, 2010 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi
Children come to class with different background knowledge and interests. Even if their ages are the same and they start English lesson at the same time, their learning styles and weak or strong areas are different. In this workshop, the facilitator will first share fun activities that have worked for mixed level classes including phonemic awareness activities. Participants will also experience how to design activities using Easter as a topic. Party games, easy and fun games for taiken/trial lessons for recruiting new students will be also shared. We always have a number of games and activities for English class for young children to share on site at the workshop venue, with many participants and a facilitator. The workshop will be conducted in Japanese with English assistance by the facilitator.
Streaming Video: You can participate in this workshop from afar at your home, if you are not able to come to the venue all the way. We call this technology a "video streaming". What you need are:
1. PC with Windows XP or Windows Vista, or Mac with MacOS X.
2. Broadband circuit; either Fiberoptical cable circuit or ADSL circuit.
3. Windows Media Player (download freely from www.microsoft.com).
4. Skype (an Internet phone; download freely from www.skype.com) for virtual interactivity.
5. Hopefully a headset for your better audibility.
You are welcome to share such opportunities with us on site at the venue or online streamed live over the Internet.
Pre-registration is required for both onsite and online participation. Please email Yuco Kikuchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for non-members, online participants and onsite registration
Venue: Chiyoda Building 1F, 2-37 Ichigaya Tamachi, Shinjuku-ku
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 043-251-0027