(1) Brain Rules; (2) Power Teaching Cross-Cultural workshop with movement, music, interactive reading, drama and more
Date: Sunday, April 18th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne
Using whole brain teaching techniques, learn how to engage your students with movement, music, interactive reading, drama and more! The second half of the presentation showcases how to make a cultural exchange accessible to young students. See how fifty Japanese 4-6 year olds got into the homes and hearts of their American counterparts without ever leaving Japan.
Bio: Kim Horne is from the U.S., has a background in theatre and since 2000 has been teaching English to children and training teachers in Japan. She currently works at a kindergarten in Gifu City.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Shogai Gakusho Soa Center, Center Plaza 5F, Sakuragicho Kominkan, 1-10-18 Sakuragicho, Omiya
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4452-7800