ELT Career and Professional Development Conference:
ECAP (ELT Career and Professional Development Conference) 2010
Date: Sunday, May 30th, 2010 Time: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: William Snyder, Columbia University Teacher's College; Masaki Kobayashi, Kanda Gaigo University; Chuck Sandy, Chubu University
The ELT Career and Professional Development Conference (ECAP) caters to teachers from an array of different experience levels and teaching situations. The day is divided into three 45-minute keynote presentations, each of which is followed by a range of 1-hour workshops that relate back to the themes and content introduced in the keynote. This year's three keynotes are:
* Creating learning opportunities
* Why good learners learn?
* Creating and sustaining motivation
10:00-10:45 Keynote "Creating learning opportunities" -William Snyder, Columbia University, Teacher's College
Noriko Ishihara, Hosei University (in Japanese)
Alastair Graham-Marr, Science University of Tokyo
Marnie Mayse and Ben Brooke, Meikai University
Chantal Hemmi, British Council
"Why do good learners learn" - Masaki Kobayashi, Kanda Gaigo University
Kuniyoshi Ishikawa, Meiji University (in Japanese)
Gordon Myskow, Toyo University
Gregory Rouault, Konan University
Phil Patrick, British Council
"Building student motivation by being the change we wish to see" - Chuck Sandy, Chubu University
Keita Kikuchi, Tokai University (in Japanese)
Andrew Boon, Toyo Gakuen University
Marcos Benevides, J.F. Oberline University
David Harrison, British Council
The deadline for pre-registration is 17:00 on Friday, May 28th. To reserve a place, please call, fax or email the Cambridge University Press Japan office with your first choice of each workshop.
Organization: ELT Career and Professional Development Conference
Cost: Pre-registration 2,500 yen; On-site 3,500 yen
Venue: The Yomiuri Shimbun Building, Otemachi, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ELT Career and Professional Development Conference
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3518-8272