Grant and Questionnaire Writing Workshop
Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2010 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Keita Kikuchi
Presentation 1 (18:30-19:30)
Since 2009, the Ministry of Education has been accepting applications for research funds in English. This presentation will detail the procedures and pitfalls involved in successfully applying for government sponsored research grants. Examples of applications are shown so that the audience can understand what should be done.
Presentation 2 (19:30-20:30)
Many second language researchers use survey research to explore latent constructs and students' attitudes toward learning. This presentation will explain some of the mistakes that researchers commonly make in doing survey research, explore methods for determining well grounded items. There will be some hand-on activities to construct a questionnaire together and understand the idea with other participants.
About the speaker:
Keita Kikuchi is a Junior Associate Professor at Tokai University, Japan. After obtaining an M.A. in ESL from the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, he has taught English in Singapore and in Japan. His research interests include curriculum development and second language acquisition, especially individual differences.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Fukuoka Jo Gakuin Satellite Campus, (9F), Tenjin 2-8-38, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: