ETJ Kobe: Phonics, Songs and More
Date: Sunday, March 21st, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Eric Kane
In this wide ranging interactive presentation/discussion, Eric will share his views on the progression from phonemic awareness activities to the line between explicit phonics instruction and whole word learning. He will also discuss a concept he coins, "intentional communication " and how it applies to all of the above, in addition to the use of story books and songs in the classroom. All points will be open to discussion and debate, so bring your critical thinking skills.
Or join us for lunch at 12 (Indian restaurant near school, cost: ¥800 - ¥1,000, reservation necessary) Pls contact Janina Tubby firstname.lastname@example.org if you are attending / thinking of attending
Access: JR/Sanyo to Tarumi and then 23 bus Express bus from JR/Hankyu/Hanshin Sannomiya to outside school (20-25 minutes) Parking also available. We'll arrange pick-up from Tarumi station at pre-arranged time if requested in advance. Looking forward to seeing some of you there.
Organization: ETJ Kobe (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kobe)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Kobe Bilingual School, 4-2-8 Momoyamadai Tarumi, Kobe 655-0854
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kobe
Email QR Code: