How and Why to Improve Reading Speed
Date: Saturday, June 12th, 2010 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Ken Gibson
More and more ESL teachers in Japan are discovering the advantages of involving their students in an active reading program, rather than just leaving reading to students to do reading as homework. This presentation will cover the presenter's experience with setting up and using reading programs in companies and universities. Materials, program control, motivation and results will be discussed and expanded on freely at the end of the presentation.
Ken has been involved with corporate training and university education in Japan for over 20 years. He is currently teaching at The University of Kitakyushu and Kyushu Polytechnic College.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 3rd Floor of the International Conference Center, Kokura
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: