ETJ East Tokyo:
My Share for Picture Books, Songs and Chants
Date: Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
This is a great chance to meet other teachers and find out what they are doing in the classroom. Your chance to pick up great ideas for using picture books, songs and chants that will work in your classroom. Also share your ideas that have worked for you which will help others become better teachers. As well as this hands-on workshop there will be time to discuss and explore ways to utilize these children friendly resources and make learning happen. In this workshop we will focus on kindergarten children and elementary 1st to 4th graders in the first half of the meeting. The last half of the meeting we will shift our focus on 5th graders and over. There are a lot of good songs and chants for preteens and teens. Picture books for teaching sentence patters to JHS students will be also shared. Those who teach JHS and SHS and even adults will find this meeting helpful.
We want your input so come along and meet other teachers from your area. If there is a particular area of teaching that you would like to find out more about and talk to other teachers about you can register it in our 'Ideas For Future Meetings' and it might even get chosen for the next meeting. Please pre-register by sending email to Yuco, email@example.com
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen for ETJ member
Non-members: 1,000 yen Non-members can become member at the venue with no cost.
Venue: Chiba Shimin Kaikan (Chiba City Civic Hall) http://www.f-cp.jp/shimin/map.html) Address 1-1 Kaname-cho, chuo-ku, Chiba-shi phone: 043-224-2431 It is 7 min. walk from Chiba station on JR or the Keisei
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464