Questionnaire Development Workshop: What should be done BEFORE asking students to fill them out?
Date: Saturday, June 19th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Keita Kikuchi, Tokai University
Many teachers use questionnaire to explore what they're interested in, especially, students' attitudes toward learning. The presentator will explain some of the common mistakes that researchers make in doing survey research, explore methods for determining well grounded items. There will be some hand-on activities to construct questionnaire items together and understand the idea with other participants.
In the first session, the presenter will describe the recent study about the demotivation factors among Japanese learners of English. In the second session, participants are expected to construct the questionnaire items after they work on some activities such as interviews and discussion.
Kikuchi, K. 2009. 'Listening to our Learners' Voices: What Demotivates EFL High School Students?' Language Teaching Research 13 /4: 453-471.
Kikuchi, K. and Sakai, H. 2009. 'Japanese learners' demotivation to study English: A survey study.' JALT Journal 31/2:183-204
Sakai, H. and Kikuchi, K. 2009. 'An analysis of demotivators in the EFL Classroom.' System 37/1: 57-6
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (2 for 1: bring a first-timer, you pay 500 yen each)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F (large white building next to the Prefectural Art Museum, near Dejima Wharf)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: