Intensively Extensive: How my experience as an ESL learner has contributed to my teaching and writing
Date: Saturday, April 24th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Marcos Benevides
Marcos Benevides will present his personal story as a language learner and demonstrate the impact it has made on his classroom practice as well as on his material writing. He will suggest how all teachers can directly, immediately--and often surprisingly--benefit from a careful autobiographical exploration of their own learning experiences. Benevides is an assistant professor at J. F. Oberlin University in Tokyo, and the co-author of popular ELT titles "Fiction in Action: Whodunit" (ABAX, 2010) and "Widgets: A task-based course in practical English" (Pearson, 2008).
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Akita City Bunka Kaikan, Gakushushitsu 2, 4th Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562