Basic Statistics for Applied Linguistics
Date: Saturday, April 24th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: David Coulson
In this session David will look at some of the fundamental statistics tests that are most commonly used in language teaching research. He will look into what the statistics do and do not tell us and work through examples of how to calculate the statistics with some sample data. If you bring a laptop (with excel) you can follow along with the demonstrations.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: EIR Manshon
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: