Cultural Perspectives and Influences of Teachers
Date: Sunday, May 16th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Roehl Sybing
This presentation details some of the findings from ongoing research exploring the views language educators hold about culture, the application of culture in the language classroom and the potential effects, positive or negative, on language learners. Whether or not it is a given that culture is inextricably linked to language proficiency, the presenter asserts that it is important to explore the nature of such connections when determining a path for language acquisition.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology (Maebashi Koka Daigaku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: