Self-Access Language Learning as Classroom-Based Instruction
Date: Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Garold Murray
This workshop focuses on how self-access language learning might be integrated into the curriculum in high schools and universities. In the first part of the workshop, the presenter outlines a course in self-directed language learning that he developed and delivered to first-year Japanese university students. He then discusses what he learned from the process and a 3-year research project exploring the learners’ experiences. In the second part, participants have an opportunity to examine the pedagogical model and explore how they might adapt it to their teaching/learning situation.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tenjinyama Bunka Plaza map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: