(1) Reflections on Disagreements; (2) Creative Questioning: Puzzles for Pattern Practice
Date: Sunday, June 13th, 2010 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: (1) Carol Rinnert, Hiroshima City University; (2) Simon Capper, The Japanese Red Cross Hiroshima College of Nursing
There will be two presentations today.
Reflections on Disagreements
Carol Rinnert, Hiroshima City University (Faculty of International Studies)
This presentation reports on a self-reflective, video-based approach to teaching Japanese EFL learners to use and understand speech acts appropriately, focusing on disagreements.
Creative Questioning: Puzzles for Pattern Practise
Simon Capper, The Japanese Red Cross Hiroshima College of Nursing
Lateral Thinking puzzles involve scenarios that require learners to discover solutions through creative questioning. This workshop demonstrates how puzzles provide meaningful question practice in a wide range of speaking classes.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211