Designing and Implementing Discipline-Specific Projects to Motivate Non-Majors
Date: Saturday, June 19th, 2010 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Moritoshi, Himeji Dokkyo University
Low motivation to study English is a common concern among teachers because it adversely affects students' attendance, participation and L2 gains, and can make teaching more difficult. This workshop outlines, exemplifies and works through a framework for developing discipline-specific projects intended to increase students' motivation by virtue of their more obvious academic and vocational relevance. Participants will apply this framework to generate ideas for their own contexts, and design projects relevant to these contexts.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: First time participants are free. Day membership 1000 yen
Venue: 2nd Floor Heartful Square JR Gifu, Gifu city
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: