How to Promote Reflection in Professional Development
Date: Sunday, October 31st, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Akiko Takagi
First, Akiko Takagi gives an overview of the importance and effectiveness of reflection in professional development, which is widely recognized in the field of teacher education. She also presents how she has prompted reflection using journals and videotaped microteaching in her pre-service teacher training course. After the overview, the participants will engage in reflection on their own practice and share their reflections with others.
Akiko Takagi is an Associate Professor at Aoyama Gakuin University. She completed her MA in TESOL from the State University of New York in Buffalo and is an EdD candidate at the University of Exeter. Her research interests include professional development and learner autonomy.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Kyoai Gakuen College (www.kyoai.ac.jp
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: