Mini Conference: A Day With Vocabulary
Date: Saturday, July 17th, 2010 Time: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Featured Speakers: Rob Waring, Philip Shigeo Brown, Rory Rosszell
Recently there have been great strides in the development of second language vocabulary acquisition. To provide a forum in which such research may be discussed, the Yokohama chapter of JALT and Kanto Gakuin will host a one-day conference on vocabulary.
Factors in second language acquisition: opportunity, exposure, uptake and retention, by Rob Waring
Word up! Vocabulary Learning Strategies Empowerment, by Philip Shigeo Brown
Poster sessions and publisher's mix
Helping learners to develop their vocabulary: How can dictionaries help? by Rory Rosszell
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Pre-registered: free (not pre-registered: 500 yen)
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kanto Gakuin (details coming soon)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: