Introducing Public Elementary School English and the Monkasho Handbook
Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Tom Merner, Japan College of Foreign Languages
English instruction is about to become an option for the new "Period for Integrated Studies" in the Japanese public schools. Monkasho has published the Handbook for Elementary School English Teaching Activities, to provide support to teachers. Merner, a member of the authoring committee, will introduce the handbook, share views about the direction public elementary school English seems to be heading, and introduce results of a survey about the current situation in schools which have already implemented English.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen, students 200 yen, newcomers free
Venue: Gunma Prefectural College of Health Sciences (323-1Kamioki-machi, Maebashi)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: