Society of Writers, Editors and Translators:
Reopening the Mind of Writing About Japan
Date: Friday, June 18th, 2010 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Andy Couturier
Author of "A Different Kind of Luxury, " (Stone Bridge Press, 2009), Couturier will introduce his book about Japanese people living simple, sustainable, fulfilling lives, and speak about the back story of its publication. He will touch on his approaches to creative nonfiction writing and strategies for translating the material in his interviews, as well as ideas for structuring his writing.
Couturier lived in rural Shikoku for 4 years, wrote a popular series for the Japan Times in 1999-2000, and has contributed essays to Kyoto Journal and many other publications. He also runs a creative writing center, The Opening, in Oakland, California. Please see the events section of the SWET website for a map to the venue.
Organization: Society of Writers, Editors and Translators
Cost: SWET Members: 1,000 yen SWET, JAT, and SCBWI members
Non-members: 2,000 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Omote Sando subway B2 Exit, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Society of Writers, Editors and Translators
Email QR Code: