Fully Engaged: Increased participation, involvement and motivation
Date: Saturday, July 10th, 2010 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Bill Pellowe, Paul Shimizu
Bill and Paul will lead an interactive workshop running through a range of activities for students of all ages, in all class sizes. They'll demonstrate how some very simple "answer flashcards" can transform one's classes. This simple idea is easy to bring into any classroom, and it motivates all of the students to listen, pay attention, process meaning, and respond to the teacher. The teacher, too, will be able to understand quickly how well the students understand the material.
Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the presentation! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
See the map to the location (Seinan in Nishijin).
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership free at door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (East Campus), 6-2-92 Nishijin, Sawara Ward, Fukuoka City. Subway: Nishijin Station, Exit 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: