Extensive Reading and ICT Contents: Guiding university students to be better English readers
Date: Saturday, July 10th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Natsumi Onaka, Associate Professor, Iwate University International Center
Taking the globalization of society into consideration, being able to read English text efficiently is one of the most eligible skills for university graduates. It is necessary for them to read fast with good comprehension. Some of them must learn tactics in order to be better readers. In this presentation, the presenter, Natsumi Onaka, will discuss how she is trying to develop a user-friendly program which combines graded readers with the pre-reading, post-reading, speed-reading, and extra-supporting activities for poor readers. They would be stored as a database in a server, applying the concept of e-learning. Since this program is in the process of production, positive questions and comments are welcome.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Akita International University - B-103
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562