How to Make Your Students Joyful, Lifelong Readers -- Find Keys in Cover to Cover
Date: Sunday, July 11th, 2010 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Junko Yamanaka, Trident College of Languages, Nagoya
To become good readers, it is important for your students to learn and practice vocabulary and reading strategies. It is even more important that they enjoy reading so that they will keep on reading throughout their lives. How is it possible? Find keys in Cover to Cover, which offers a unique approach to teaching reading, combining intensive and extensive reading.
Junko Yamanaka is on the Board of Directors of the Extensive Reading Foundation and is author of many books including Cover to Cover 1 (OUP), which she co-authored with Richard Day. She has taught many years at Trident College of Languages, Nagoya, where she contributed in setting up an ER program in 1987.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (sponsored by OUP)
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211