Teaching Gender-Related Issues in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, July 18th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Folake Abbass and Robert O'Mochain
Two presenters will provide a much-needed focus on gender-related issues in the EFL classroom. Abass will address gender stereotypes and explore ways to encourage students to develop the critical intelligence necessary to move beyond culturally inherited stereotypes.'Mochain will discuss representations of masculinities on Japanese television and how his observations can be reported in EFL classrooms as part of a gender-awareness syllabus. Discussion circles will follow for opinion and idea exchange.
1:30 – 2:00 Registration
2:00 – 3:00 Folake Abass - presentation (workshop) discussion
3:00 – 3:15 Break
3: 15 – 4:15 Robert O’Mochain – presentation (workshop) discussion
4:20 Closing remarks
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1000 yen
Venue: Campus Plaza Kyoto 2F Dai 2 Kaigishitsu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: