Corpling: A More Efficient Approach to the Teaching and Learning of Vocabulary
Date: Sunday, July 18th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Warren Tang (various schools) and Simon Fraser (Hiroshima University)
Corpus linguistics (corpling) is one of the most powerful tools available to language teachers today. By using simple software programs, teachers can create better curricula and help students learn vocabulary systematically and efficiently. First, Warren Tang will explain the basics of corpling, and introduce user-friendly programs such as Antconc. Then, Simon Fraser will show how corpling can be helpful in setting vocabulary-learning goals for learners of specialized language.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Peace Park, 3F Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: