West Tokyo JALT:
MASH JALT Tokyo Equinox 2010 (day 1 of 4)
Date: Friday, September 17th, 2010 Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Scott Thornbury
18.00 - 18.30 Introduction to MASH JALT Equinox 2010 by organizers
18.30 - 20.00 Scott Thornbury: The Secret History of Methods
I'm regularly asked, "What's the latest method?", suggesting that the concept of method persists, despite recent attempts to bury it; "The method concept is dead!" I will review the history of methods, both to critique it, and to draw some lessons from past methods, arguing that (a) there is nothing new under the sun and (b) dogme is not a method!
20.00 Dinner - separate reservation required. 30 people max. Soul Food India
To pre-register for the 4 days or for individual days, please go to mashcollaboration.com/equinox-rsvp
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Friday 500, Saturday 1,000, Sunday 2,500, Monday 2,500 (4-day pass: 5,000 yen)
Non-members: Non-members: Friday 1,000, Saturday 1,500, Sunday 3,000, Monday 3,000 (4-day pass: 7,500 yen)
Venue: Toyo Gakuen University, Building 1, Hongo Campus, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: