English Teaching Workshop:
Online Workshop: Transition to JHS English from Children's English Class
Date: Thursday, August 26th, 2010 Time: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi
Spending time learning in a fun way or playing in English in an EFL setting doesn 't always mean children are well prepared to get good grades in JHS or SHS. This workshop will discuss how to help 6th graders prepare for junior high school English in six months. What are the problems they have when they take tests at JHS? Where do they get lost along the way in learning as a school subject? What are the things children need? In this workshop participants first share their own experiences of learning and/or teaching English. Then with the facilitator attendees and online participants both examine activities that are effective for 6th graders.
The workshop will be conducted in Japanese with English assistance by the facilitator.
Streaming Video: You can participate in this workshop from afar at your home, if you are not able to come to the venue all the way. We call this technology a "video streaming". What you need are:
1. PC with Windows XP or Windows Vista, or Mac with MacOS X.
2. Broadband circuit; either Fiberoptical cable circuit or ADSL circuit.
3. Windows Media Player (download freely from www.microsoft.com).
4. Skype (an Internet phone; download freely from www.skype.com) for virtual interactivity.
5. Hopefully a headset for your better audibility.
You are welcome to share such opportunities with us on site at the venue or online streamed live over the Internet. Pre-registration is required for both onsite and online participation.
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 2,000 yen for members who pre-register
Non-members: 2,500 yen for non-members, online participants and onsite registration
Venue: Chiyoda Building 1F Address: 2-37 Ichigaya Tamachi, Shinjuku-ku
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464