Teaching/Learning English in English: Japanese SHS Teachers' and Students' Perceptions
Date: Sunday, October 3rd, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Harumi Yamada and Galina Hristokova-Shimo
In March 2009, the MEXT announced the New Course of Study for Senior High Schools, which will be implemented in 2013. It stated that "(English) classes should be basically conducted in English." How do students and teachers perceive the MEXT's concept? If they have objections, what are the reasons for them? What are the practical problems here? What are the teachers' attitudes toward this change? A survey was carried out among teachers and students in Fukui Prefecture to answer these questions. This presentation discusses the survey results and shows how potential obstacles could be overcome.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (students: 500 yen)
Venue: Open University of Japan Fukui Campus, AOSSA, 7th Floor
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: