Getting Published: Tips from an author's perspective
Date: Sunday, September 12th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Diane H. Nagatomo
This is a practical workshop (sponsored by the Material Writers SIG) that will help participants understand what elements are necessary to create publishable university EFL textbooks for Japanese university students. The presenter will draw upon her experiences gained over the past fifteen years to lead a discussion concerning issues such as developing and maintaining relationships with editors and publishers, working with co-authors, developing materials that fit studentsí interests and abilities, and most importantly, creating materials that fit the expectations of Japanese university English teachers, who teach the majority of tertiary EFL classes in Japan. Workshop attendees are also encouraged to bring their ideas and materials to the presentation for discussion.
Diane Hawley Nagatomo, associate professor at Ochanomizu University, has been living and teaching in Japan for more than 30 years. She has authored and co-authored a number of EFL books for Japanese university students and for the general public.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Zaza City Palette, 5th Floor, Shizuoka
Location: Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844