New Perspectives on Pragmatic Instruction: Moving Beyond Monolingual Norms
Date: Sunday, September 19th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Carol Rinnert (Hiroshima City University)
In this multicultural world, what is appropriate language in various situations? This presentation will argue that L2 learners should not be aiming to acquire monolingual L1 speakersí pragmatic norms. Rather, all participants in interaction, regardless of the language they are using (L1 or L2), need to become multicompetent language users or "intercultural speakers".
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Peace Park, 3F Conference Room
Location: Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: