Designing a Themed Task-Based Syllabus
Date: Sunday, September 26th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Marcos Benevides
There are many advantages to themed syllabuses for L2 instruction: the natural recycling of core vocabulary and language forms; the inclusion and scaffolding of otherwise inaccessible content; the possibility for a rapid increase in task complexity; the engaging exploration of a specific subject matter; the creation of relatively authentic L2 spaces for FL contexts. Based on his experience in materials development, the speaker will demonstrate how themed syllabuses can be developed for any teaching level.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology (Maebashi Koka Daigaku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: