Creating a Culture of Character in the Classroom
Date: Sunday, September 12th, 2010 Time: 10:10 AM - 2:30 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne
Explore how to improve and inspire student discipline, motivation and independence. Guide students to take responsibility for their learning and behavior through picture books, extension activities, songs, chants, drama and more. Kim is from the U.S. and has been teaching English to children and training teachers in Japan since 2000. She currently works at a private kindergarten in Gifu City.
Important note: The first half of this meeting will be 11:00am - 12:30pm at the International Center. Then, at about 1:00, we will move to a cafe called Slowly (directions to Slowly cafe) for the second half of this meeting. There, we will eat lunch and finish the meeting, slowly. Pre-registration is a must as both the venues are small, thank you.
Please preregister as space is limited: email@example.com
Organization: ETJ Kyoto (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kyoto)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (plus 500 yen if you want lunch)
Non-members: 1000 yen (plus 500 yen if you want lunch)
Venue: Kyoto Prefectural International Center map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kyoto
Email QR Code: