Garr Reynolds - Presenting Naked with Slides: How thinking like a designer can help
Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2010 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Garr Reynolds
Garr Reynolds, is the author of award-winning and international best-selling books Presentation Zen and Presentation Zen Design. In this presentation, Garr will introduce ten fundamental design principles and will speak in depth with examples and before/after samples. The lessons in this talk are not about dressing up presentations or decorating slides, they are about understanding and embracing concrete design principles that will help make your presentations clear, powerful, and memorable.
Please pre-register at surveymonkey.com/s/VD7HPVB.
Garr Reynolds is currently Associate Professor of Management at Kansai Gaidai University where he teaches Marketing, Global Marketing and Multimedia Presentation Design. Garr is active in the Japanese community and can often be found presenting on subjects concerning design, branding, and effective corporate communications. Visit Garr's official website for more information on branding, design basics, presentation tips, and heaps of resources. Also, view Garr's bibliography page at amazon.com.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: pre-register 500 yen; at the door 1,000 yen
Venue: Campus Plaza Campus Plaza Kyoto (near JR Kyoto Station) 4th Floor - Dai3 Kaigishits
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: