University Accreditation: How it Impacts You
Date: Sunday, November 14th, 2010 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Bern Mulvey
All universities in Japan must now submit to an external "accreditation" evaluation every seven years. They receive assessment in multiple categories, not to mention grades: pass, probation, and fail. This presentation examines the ramifications of--and opportunities afforded by--this requirement, from the unfortunate (e.g., the often ill-conceived expansion of on campus "Faculty Development") to the hopeful (including possibly better education...and more tenure opportunities for foreign faculty).
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tenjinyama Bunka Plaza Room 1 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: