Japan Intercultural Institute:
JII Conference 2010: Intercultural Learning for a Global World: From the Classroom to the Boardroom
Date: Sunday, October 17th, 2010 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: Glen S. Fukushima (Keynote), Joseph Shaules (Special Presentation), and many others
Join us as educators, trainers and internationalists gather to discuss how to develop the skills and attitudes that encourage internationalism. We are honored to have a special keynote by Glen S. Fukushima, as well as a wide range of other presenters.
Keynote: Glen S. Fukushima
Intercultural Skills in a Globalizing Word: Lessons from Experience
Glen S. Fukushima is the Chairman of Airbus Japan. As a senior USTR official, Glen S. Fukushima was instrumental in negotiations that opened Japanese markets to US products in the 1980s.
Special Presentation: Joseph Shaules
The Hidden Self: Discovering Your Hidden Cultural Programming
Other presentations include:
Japanese companies going global with English
Effective Intercultural Communication Strategies
Culture in Language Education
Corporate Coaching: Cultures of Perception
Beyond 'culture points': incorporating culture into the language classroom
Assumptions about classroom culture: Helping students from Japan prepare for study abroad
This is our big event of the year! We look forward to seeing you there! For more info and to register, see the JII Conference 2010 website.
Organization: Japan Intercultural Institute
Cost: 6000 yen
Venue: Shirayuri College, Senkawa Station (Keio line), Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan Intercultural Institute
Email QR Code: