Voice training for teachers: Positive psychology in the classroom
Date: Sunday, December 12th, 2010 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Claudine Marais
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to voice techniques used to train actors, but has been adapted for the lifestyle and demands of teachers. Participants will learn how to improve their projection and articulation; develop a voice that students want to listen to; subconsciously affect the quality of studentsí speech; as well as protect their voices from long-term damage.
Claudine has a BA in Theatre and Performance; majoring in Acting, English Literature and Drama.
Organization: Iwate Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aiina, Morioka, 6th Floor, Room 602
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: