Peace as a Global Language Conference:
Peace as a Global Language Tokyo 2010 (day 2 of 2)
Date: Sunday, December 5th, 2010 Time: 10:45 AM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Many great speakers
PGL conferences began in 2001, and have quickly become an established part of the yearly calendar for students, teachers and activists.
Serious about 'PEACE'? Come here and tell us about the contribution academics and activists can make in an attempt to break free of the military-industrial-academic-complex.
In the light of the corporate take over of universities and the continuing assault on liberal arts, humanities and social sciences it is important to understand how this began, why it is gathering pace and how to resist it.
With this in mind Peace as a Global Language 2010 will focus on critical pedagogy and strategies to counter the now all pervasive corporate culture on campuses. This can be done through the promotion of peace in the classroom via English language content based courses as well as regular ESL classes.
If you are interested in defending free inquiry, freedom of thought and expression while reclaiming academic space and advancing the cause of peace then PGL2010 is for you!
Organization: Peace as a Global Language Conference
Cost: 6000 yen for both days (half price with student ID)
Venue: International Christian University, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Peace as a Global Language Conference
Email QR Code: