(1) Fluency and Collocations; (2) Student Reading Habits and Perceptions
Date: Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Dave Robinson; (2) Richard Lemmer
Fluency and Collocations by Dave Robinson
A study Dave Robinson carried out suggests that learning collocations may be a way of helping students to improve their fluency. After a brief overview of the study, the presenter will describe how he judged fluency and collocations, and then he will discuss the results of the study.
Student Reading Habits and Perceptions: Before and After Extensive Reading by Richard Lemmer
Results of a pre and post questionnaire administered to students a in 15-week Extensive Reading courses will be presented. Reading habits in English, reading preferences, reading strategies, and perceived outcomes affecting reading speed, comprehension, and vocabulary acquisition will be examined.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kibi International University Ekimae Campus; Room B 4th floor map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: