Vocabulary: Meaning, Form, Pronunciation, and Beyond
Date: Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 Time: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Brad Deacon
In a well-balanced language program, what kinds of opportunities should exist for developing studentís L2 vocabulary? The focus of our workshop will be to answer this critical question through lively discussion and practical hands-on activities. Specifically, we will learn 1) what kind of vocabulary students should be learning, 2) proven techniques for learning vocabulary inside and outside of class, 3) ways to more effectively teach vocabulary across the four skills, and 4) relevant theory that support the above. You will leave this workshop with both useful strategies and techniques for teaching vocabulary, and a greater sense of how to plan for effective vocabulary acquisition in your language programs.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Building five, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299