Teacher Awareness Through Peer Observation
Date: Saturday, January 15th, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Chrsitopher Stillwell
Oita JALT"s first event of 2011 will be a workshop by Christopher Stillwell from Sojo University, Kumamoto. Christopher will discuss teacher awareness through peer observation. More specifically, how teachers are typically isolated from one another in their classrooms, but are fortunate in that they have a valuable and free resource in their midst -- other teachers. This workshop will explore guidelines for tapping into this resource through peer observation and coaching. The workshop will also provide examples of how a voluntary peer mentoring program can create opportunities for teachers to benefit from the insights of peers while at the same time experiencing the challenges of giving and receiving feedback. This workshop should be of value to anyone interested in collaborative professional development, peer/teacher observation, and techniques for giving feedback effectively in all contexts of teaching and learning.
Organization: Oita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Oita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Oita International House, Beppu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Oita JALT
Email QR Code: