(1) Speech Contests; (2) World Englishes
Date: Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: (1) Ula Gorski; (2) James D'Angelo
(1) The English Speech Contest: Presenting the Perfect Speech
Ula Gorski shows how to coach a winning speech with guidelines for pronunciation, intonation, body language, and conveying mood.
(2) World Englishes and Related Paradigms: Putting Theory into Practice in the Japan Context
James D'Angelo explains how world Englishes theory can be the basis of a revolutionary methodology for ELT practitioners in Japan.
If you have not done so already, seat-reservations are accepted online at the ETJ Aichi web site.
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Chukyo University, Center Building, 6F, Room 0604
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: