The 3rd Annual N.E.A.R. Language Education Conference
Date: Saturday, May 28th, 2011 Time: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Featured Chuck Sandy. Call for papers due by Feb. 14
The 3rd Annual North East Asian Region (N.E.A.R.) Language Education Conference will be held on Saturday, May 28 on the campus of the International University of Japan in Niigata, Japan. This unique conference brings together language teachers and researchers working in the languages of the North East Asia Region (Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese and Russian). The theme of this year's conference is An International Perspective - Teachers of Regional Languages Working Across Borders. Crossing the national borders between our regional neighbors and their languages and crossing the borders that exist between our specialties gives us a new perspective on our own classrooms and research interests.
With that in mind, teachers and researchers working in any of the NEAR languages are invited to submit relevant proposals for presentations and poster sessions in the following areas:
* applied research,
* curriculum design / materials development,
* teaching practice / pedagogy or assessment and
Papers which balance theoretical frameworks with practical applicability are preferred.
Presentation length: 40 minutes (including Q and A).
Submission deadline: February 14th, 2011.
Submission Procedure: Applications submitted online.
* Abstract (250-300 words) for vetting
* Summary / description (150-200 words) for the conference handbook
Vetting Decisions Announced: March 19, 2011.
Official Conference Languages: English and Japanese
For more information, or to apply please refer to the conference website.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1000 yen
Non-members: 1500 yen
Venue: International University of Japan, urasa, Niigata
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: