How to get your students to read without really trying
Date: Saturday, May 14th, 2011 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Thomas Robb
This presentation will demonstrate how you can stimulate your students to read outside of class time. The freely available Moodle Reader quiz program allows students to take brief quizzes at home (or school) and collect "stamps" for each quiz successfully passed.
Thomas Robb, Kyoto Sangyo University, is a founding member and past president of JALT. He is currently interested in ways to better use computers for language learning.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: 3rd Floor, International Conference Center, Kokura
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: