CANCELED: Performances, Skits and Drama: Getting students to play with language.
Date: Sunday, March 27th, 2011 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Matt Wilson
Canceled. Ken Schmidt wrote, "The March event is canceled (to be resurrected at a future date)."
When we give students the opportunity to practice speaking, often we ask them to use pre-determined language models and situations. In this workshop, we will look at the value of giving students the chance to creatively explore, or "play", with the language, with the idea that this will develop into more meaningful output, and an overall more effective language learning experience. These ideas will be discussed and supplemented with examples of student work. Participants will also be able to offer their opinions and examples on the topic. As always, our formal event is followed by a casual and friendly evening of dinner and drinks (optional). For further details please check out Sendai JALT's website.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Sendai Shimin Katsudo Support Center (Room 5)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: