Personal Learning Networks - The What, Why and How
Date: Saturday, February 19th, 2011 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Darren Elliott
The idea of the Personal Learning Network (PLN) is not, in itself, new. However Web 2.0 and mobile technologies are enabling teachers to connect as never before. This presentation will explore various issues surrounding the construction of a PLN, starting from the theoretical and moving to the practical. The presenter will discuss the new democracy of PLNs and connectivism, advise on how to build and maintain a PLN, and will also touch on the dangers of the "dripping tapÔ" of irrelevant information and ways in which to integrate the strands of a PLN across virtual and "real" worlds.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Gifu JR Station - Heartful Square 2F (East Wing)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: