ETJ Fukuoka Meeting: Workshop on Games
Date: Saturday, February 26th, 2011 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Workshop on Games: Exploring games and their usage in the EFL classroom. Some teachers avoid using games completely, others think they are critical. What's your position on games, and why? Committee members and volunteers will lead small-group discussions on individual topics, then we'll share the results with the whole group. Some possible topics (please feel free to bring your own as well!):
1. Should games be used or not? Why or Why not?
2. Dangers of using games.
3. What kind of games should be used?
4. Fitting games into lesson plans.
5. Ideas for introducing and organizing games.
6. How to develop games that work consistently well.
7. Modifying games for different class sizes and age groups.
8. Materials for games and resources.
9. Balancing fun and learning in games.
10. Sharing your favorite games. Teachers of all age and skill levels are welcome!
Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the presentations! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community! See the map to the location (Seinan in Nishijin).
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin Community Center (East Campus)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: