ACTC 2011: Inaugural Asian Conference on Technology
Date: Sunday, June 12th, 2011 Time: 8:00 AM - 6:15 PM
Speaker: Keynote Speakers Garr Reynolds and Jill Robbins; featured speakers Bill Pellowe and Roger Palmer
The International Academic Forum in conjunction with its global partners is proud to announce the Inaugural Asian Conference on Technology (actc.iafor.org), to be held from June 10-12 2011, at the Ramada Osaka, Osaka, Japan.
The conference theme is The Right Tool For The Right Job.
Where it once might have been enough to only know about email and PowerPoint, today's wired educators must know much more. And with technological advances occurring at lightening speed it can be challenging to keep up with our choices. Thus it is more important than ever to share with our colleagues as we develop appropriate techniques for using technology in our classrooms. In this age of technological innovation, ACTC 2011 will reach across academic levels to look at the role of technology and its impact on the classroom, combining the use of new technologies with some new ideas on these issues.
ACTC 2011 will attract a diverse group of teachers, researchers, practitioners and scholars who are engaged in the singular goal of meeting students' educational needs, as students can learn about important issues and become familiar with web-based learning and the other information technology tools. The use of technology in the classroom represents a significant departure from traditional teaching methods, conducting research, assessing student performance and assurance of learning. Moreover, it creates a user friendly and economically viable environment conducive to learning in any corner in the world where access to technology exists.
Note: The Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom 2011 will be held alongside the Asian Conference Conference on Language Learning 2011. Registration for either conference will allow attendees the option of attending sessions in the other at no extra charge.
Organization: International Academic Forum (IAFOR)
Cost: 35,000 yen earlybird discount; 50,000 yen regular (see website for details)
Venue: The Ramada Osaka Hotel, downtown Osaka map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code: