Writing Center Workshop
Date: Sunday, April 17th, 2011 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Jennie Roloff, Robert Moreau, Peter Cassidy
The workshop will have as its focus the writing center movement, its pioneers, important underlying philosophies, and some key practices that can be applied to a variety of institutional contexts. Participants will be given the opportunity to consider and discuss their existing knowledge of this movement's history, the underlying philosophies and practices that best serves their institutional contexts, observe and conduct a tutorial session, and actively participate in discussions of real case studies ranging from a pre-k writing center context to the more traditional context found at the university level. There will be two Q and A sessions in order to help clarify and prepare participants for group activities geared to bettering their understanding of the dynamic nature of today's writing center.
1.05 Considering Contexts
1.20 Common Misconceptions
1.30 (10 minute break)
1.40 Columbia University TC
2.10 Q and A Session
2.40 Conducting a Tutorial
3.10 Real Case Studies
3.25 Conclusion Final Q and A session
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Language Lab at Yokohama City University. Kanazawa-Hakkei Campus 22-2 Seto, Kanazawa-ku, 236-0027
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: